Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hate making titles for my posts!

I have not done too much beading lately, was busy with some baby-stuff and all the family got sick in a nasty cold, bläää. Otherwise, I could have shown some funny pictures of my ongoing projects, but alas! ;)

I have finished couple of X-mas presents that I am not thinking to show before holidays ;)
And, I have opened a shop on Etsy and put my Witchery on sale. It will take a while before I come up to two items to qualify for joining the Etsy Beadweavers team.

Meanwhile, there is one thing that I would like to show. I am a bit proud of that one...
I wanted to bead flames. I think I was watching too much of Discovery channel - you know, Miami Ink, American Choppers, blah-blah-blah, and Mike LaValle with his amazing paintbrush flamework. I cannot airbrush, but I am learning to bead. That's it, I wanted to try if it was possible to bead flames and I gave it a try.

Overall, there are nine different shades of Jablonex 11/0 in this one (the color changes that yoiu see in the flame-part is not due to the camera). The rope is made of collums of garnet and silver-lined garnet for a cool sparkling effect, note this is my first try with herringbone stitch. The toggle clasp is made in Swarovski bicones, I've picked it up from www.businka-lisa.livejournal.com (Thank You for the wonderful tutorials, Lisa!)


I could not decide which picture was the best, so I have uploaded both of them.


Well, that's all I wanted to show for today (while the little one is taking his powernap).
Take care, ppl!

No comments: