Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am teaching my first beading class!

There is a small but charming beadshop in central Uppsala, Pärlboden. Its owner, Lillian, has kindly allowed me to teach my first ever class in bead embroidery.

We have decided to keep the first class very simple 101: a beginner's guide in capturing a cab.
I am giving an overview on most commonly used materials, such as types of foundations, backings and adhesives available in Sweden, talking about types of cabs, and finally, I show four basic bead embroidery stitches on example of this pendant:




The fun part was that everybody has managed to complete the pendant within three hours! It seems that everybody was satisfied with the class. So, we scheduled for a continuation - level B bead embroidery.

Next time, we'll be making something like this:

By the way, the focal dichroic glass cab is one of many that I've got from Noora. Thank you, dear, I am looking forward to working with the rest of them!

Everybody who took the course - thank you for your patience! It was a great fun teaching you, ladies!
Lillian, thank you for the opportunity to share my passion with others!

7 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! I just got done with my first cab and I'm working on the bracelet I'm putting it on right now :)

gr8jewellery said...

Fantastic class Olga! Congratulations on your first, and by the look of things, certainly not your last!

Dawn N said...

I'm glad your class went so well. It's great that your students want to take a second class.

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

How exciting Olga! Sounds like you did a great job. Congratulations!

Marlaine said...

Congrats on teaching your first class! The pendant is lovely and a wonderful place to start. Should be fun in the next class!

Zoya Gutina said...

Way you go, girl! Congrats! :)

Burgers Recipes said...

Thanks for writing this