Thursday, October 8, 2009

K for "Control" ;o)

Couple of months ago I went gem-shopping in Stockholm. At Kristallrummet in the Old City, I've noticed gorgeous kyanite healing chrystals. This stone is one of my absolute favorites, I'm just dragged to it (pretty much as to labradorites & spectrolites).

Those chrystalls reminded me of Superman cave, how sci-fi nerdish is that? ;) Boy, I was giggling when the EBW September challenge theme was announced.

Although kyanite reminded me of those good chrystals in the cave, its name rimes really well with kryptonite (which everybody knows was quite bad for the poor Superdude). Than my husband gave me an idea - my necklace was going to deal with superhero infestation problem :o)


You can read the complete story here.

Materials: 11/0 Permanent Finish and nickel plated Tohos and Swarosvki bicones 3 and 4 mm; 3D RAW all the way. Do not know what is going on with me - I'm getting addicted to Toho and Swarovski lately. Odd.

And here are all the fantastic entries for the EBW challenge this month.

Please visit our blog and vote for your favorites from 9th to 15th of October! Thank you in advance :)
My favorites are numbers 3, 5 and 14, but I have not made up my mind yet. Which one are you going to vote for?

4 comments:

Elin said...

WOW, OMG and a lot of other short expressions of happiness :)

Marlaine said...

Your necklace is really a gorgeous piece!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I love your necklace! I also love the fact that it deals with the Super-Hero infestation that is plaguing us right now! I know there are far too many Super Mom's in this area anyways. Looks like I'm gonna need to get me one of those necklaces to protect myself! LOL :-)

Foxan said...

Thank you so much!

Cindy, I've got one more kyanite wand... ;)